Combi boiler-water gone cold, triggers when toilet flushed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please can anyone help. I am not sure what is relevant and what is not so I will put everything down.

Had new combi boiler installed. First week the water was only luke warm but one day became boiling hot and what was like that for 2 months which was great.

Over the last week however I can only get the water luke warm again.

I have also noticed that when I flush the toilet that the boiler kicks in and starts working for a short period - I don't think this was happening before.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suggest you get your installer back, who might fix it or contact the manufacturers to fix it....assuming its under warranty

is the toilet plumbed into the hot water pipework ?

is the toilet close to the boiler. useally the cold water bouncing back when the cistern valve shuts causes that.
is their any deadlegs in the cold water pipe. air in the deadlegs acts like a shock absorber.

if not fit a non return valve on the hot supply out of the boiler

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks
don't know much about plumbing or diy - what are deadlegs?

Boiler is close to toilet (about 10 feet at most)

Is the lukewarm water problem likely to be a particular problem or could it be many?

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back