combi boiler with cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted tank and cylinder to connect to combi for power shower. can anybody recommend a site on the web that will give me a guide as to how to wire up the 2 port valve via thermostat via boiler .. thanks.

Sponsored Links
I argeed with Bengasman.

A combi is for hot water heater run from main cold water and a sealed heating. It should not have any cylinder and tank.

Do you mean a system boiler which is a sealed boiler heating water for radiators and indirect cylinder?

It may be possible to connect a indirect cylinder to combi using heating flow and return and using a normal sealed system "s" plan, 2 x 2 port valves, cyl stat, room stat. I don't know if it is allowed?

you most certainly can utilize a cylinder on a combi, and its fairly easy to wire it up.

But I am too fat and lazy to think about that at 2343hrs :)

Star who told you you could not install a cylinder onto a heating system served by a combi??

Sponsored Links
Corgi.

I work out that a combi boiler look the same as a system boiler, the diff is there a heat plate for hot water. I don't know if this is common working practice. Have you done one before?

er seen it plenty of times, quite common really, in london anyway, with its poor water pressure...combi connected to indirect cylinder flow and return( using cylinder as a rad if you like), connected to shower with integrated pump, or external pump. silly of me really, i will just wire the cylinder up as if it was a zone... feel a bit guilty really, has anybody else seen this or am i the only one.

Corgi.

I work out that a combi boiler look the same as a system boiler, the diff is there a heat plate for hot water. I don't know if this is common working practice. Have you done one before?

I certainly have mate. and what I luvverly job I made of them too :)

the heating side is just like a heat only boiler isnt it?

Lovely

I will have to try that. Gonna be a fun job:cool:

Wiring a zone valve and cylinder stat is the same as a system boiler. Have a look in Honeywell. Might be a download for wiring diagram. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back