combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
shower through bath taps in the bathroom goes hot and cooler for no reason.
Rads work fine.....is it water pressure? Problem arose once the cold weather started.
If the hot tap is not on full this sometimes helps.
Any thoughts???

Sponsored Links
You have not explained clearly what your problem is.

Turn on just the hot tap and see what happens. Dont you get hot water?

It would also help giving the make and model of your combi boiler.

Tony

sorry, it's a Ravenheat.........but it seams to be working OK now!!!!
Will keep you posted if at starts again.
Thank you for your reply though, it is appreciated

My RSF82ET is less than five years old and I had the same problems.

Three months ago, a problem with the timer and domestic hot water developed. The engineer said the timer had packed up and the diverter valve was also faulty which had to replaced at considerable expense, especially for a boiler which was then 4 1/2 years old.

I have recently encountered the same problem with the domestic hot water. I called out the gas engineer again (another £70) who spoke to Ravenheats technical department. Initially, he suspected a faulty thermaster but after having spoken with the technician, was told it was due to scale build up in the heat exchanger. The option was powerflushing at about £400-500, a new heat exchanger (same price) or a new boiler.

Now, I am no plumber, but I think I should be able to expect a bit more than than 5 years from a boiler, even in a hard water area ?? Or is this usual??

The last combi boiler was a Vaillant which lasted 15 years !

I have already posted this as a topic on the site and am waiting to hear what other think. I have also put a complaint into Ravenhead - will see what they say.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back