Combi fed mixer shower won't maintain temperature (oscillates)

when one of them is in the shower, instead of watching them watch the boiler and video what the light sequence is doing, then post it on here, the lights give a clue as to what is happening with the boiler :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Right, so I've bought a replacement for £30
Ibe had a look behind the cover.
I know to drain whole system and isolate etc.
But in all honesty, I can't even identify the old one. Nothing looks like what I've just bought!
I really thought if it was a case of replacing like with like, I'd give it a go. Can't get someone in for over a week so will just have to wait.
I can hear you shouting now. Put the cover back on!
The model seems to match but have I bought the wrong part, or is my boiler in an unusual configuration.
Thanks.
IMG_20211207_172205.jpg
IMG_20211207_172205.jpg
IMG_20211207_172156.jpg

erm.....

Download the boiler manual. It will have a parts diagram and likely a fault chart.
Read the fault chart and try those first before going at the boiler with spanners.
If you insist on attacking the boiler, the manual will tell you the part number and where it goes.

I defer to the many FAQ's on going nr boilers in this forum......

Sponsored Links
Final update.
Didn't need to peek throw top cover as I've now located it. Behind pump but right at back.
There is absolutely NO way I could get at that. Respect to you all.
By very nature of this site, I hope you all don't mind that I wanted to take a look. For all I knew the accessibility could have been straight forward (unlikely I know).
All sealed up again and waiting for an expert.
Bye.

easily changed when you know what you are doing, you are not breaking any regs by doing it yourself, gives a step by step guide in the service manual

I'm in a different profession. I'm sure there are good step by step guides, but I think I'd be a fool to try it. Too many things could go wrong along the way. I do appreciate your reassurance though about regs. Some interpretations are that householders can do almost nothing.
I've personally fitted my kitchen and bathroom over the yrs. I think kitchen electrics are the controversial thing (could be wrong though)
Had better not say any more!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back