Combi help + identification

T

timmyquick

I have a combi boiler which has been cutting out when heating is on for a period of time, so i got the manual out and been studying it as i swear it was a dodgy install. as when i changed the bathroom it was only 15 mm pipe to the hot tap and this is all the way from the boiler. anyhow it says in the manual as recomendation to fit a bypass vavle between the feed and return on the central heating side to stop cutout of the boiler if you have a few radiators turned of and this seems to decsibe my problem so can someone tell me if this pic below is a bypass valve as it does not look like any one i have seen on the net.

CIMG0858.JPG

Sponsored Links
sure looks like it if those are your main flow and return...it may need balancing though.

ollski

Yes they are the main feed and return for the central heating. Thanks for the reply i notice that the valve in the pic has i little screw i assume for controling how much water can and can not pass through. Should i try to ajust this? or try to balance my radiators first? though i have noticed all my rads get pretty hot evenly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back