Combi hot and cold piped the wrong way

• Thread starter thetortoise
  • Start date
T

thetortoise

Hi, I have a question, may be a bit stupid, I dunno, but I'm hoping someone could help me.

If a newly installed combi had its hot and cold pipes piped in the wrong way round, would I be able to fill the central heating system?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a question, may be a bit stupid, I dunno, but I'm hoping someone could help me.

If a newly installed combi had its hot and cold pipes piped in the wrong way round, would I be able to fill the central heating system?

A strange question to ask?

Tried to fit your own boiler and made an ar4e of it have we? get a professional in right away. FFS :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Mmmm! my suspicions were correct!

thetortoise

United Kingdom
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm Post Subject: Plumbing tools wanted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I'm looking for second hand plumbing tools. Idealliy I'm looking to buy all your basic hand tools, and a bag. And hopefully from someone in the London area. If anyone is looking to sell or knows anyone looking to sell their tools please let me know.

Cheers

Hey tortoise,

Stop masquerading as a tradesman and get back to your old job! I hope your not charging some poor unsuspecting member of public for your incompetance.

If ever there was a example of how bad these diy sites were, this is it. Encouraging diyers to undertake a skilled professionals job....shame on you DIYnot

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a DIY website? Where DIYers could ask questions about things they were doing themselves. I'm renovating my own house and put my own boiler in, not the gas, but everything else. Yes mistakes happen, but thats exactly the point of sites like this one you. Why dont you leave if you dont like it! I mean whats a quality tradesman doing on a DIY website anyway? Looking for answers to sh1t he cant do perhaps, or solutions to problems he's having with his work perhaps?

Hmmm, MY suspisions were correct! W@nker!

Thats not a very polite reply!

If you put your own boiler in but "nbot the gas" then one wondersd WHO did put in the gas.

Why did you not ask him?

One of the tasks required to be done by a gas registered person is to commission the boiler!

As commissioning has obviously not been done on your boiler then it could be dangerous!

Far better to actually get a gas registered engineer to come and commission the boiler!

Tony

Thats not a very polite reply!

If you put your own boiler in but "nbot the gas" then one wondersd WHO did put in the gas.

Why did you not ask him?

One of the tasks required to be done by a gas registered person is to commission the boiler!

As commissioning has obviously not been done on your boiler then it could be dangerous!

Far better to actually get a gas registered engineer to come and commission the boiler!

Tony

What a ridiculous response. Most tradesmen here try and help DIYers, but surely you must see that fitting your own boiler goes far beyond that remit,

Given that we are trained, tested, have to pay registration fees, public liability etc it's not surprising that you get short shrift.

I mean whats a quality tradesman doing on a DIY website anyway? Looking for answers to s**t he cant do perhaps, or solutions to problems he's having with his work perhaps?

i really do hope you dont get help cos you sound like a right tosser.this is a forum were people with vast experience in plumbing give there time up to give advice free of charge.and that is what DIYNOT is about.times are hard and plenty of good plumbing/heating engineers are finding it hard. yet were still giving free advice.so **** off.

Hi, I have a question, may be a bit stupid
At least you got that right.

Consider yourself lucky that the radiators did not fill up with gas :!:

I was called to visit a site once with water coming through the hob and the guy couldnt work out why....... It wasn't you was it?

:LOL:

Those that do give advice on here, do so for free and it is a pity that you did not ask first, before you dropped a *******, and made a fool of other serious diy enthusiasts by painting them with the same brush that 1canhelp has just painted you with.
You should be strapped to a ducking stool :!:

1 can help = I can`t help it , I used to be Bamber Gaspipe :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back