Boiler Filler Pipe - should it run hot or cold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just wondered if someone might be able to help me before I go insane!

A little while ago I moved into a new build property and I have had many problems with the plumbing e.g. boiler plumbed in the wrong way round and the hot and cold pipes plumbed in the wrong way round to what should have been in the taps.

I have just had to repressurise my boiler by connecting the filler pipe from one pipe to another under the kitchen sink. I noticed that the water that ran through was HOT - is this right?

The reason that I ask is that normally one of the filler pipes is plumbed into my fridge to supply it with cold water!!!

So either the filler tube is supposed to be hot and the fridge needs to be replumbed or the fridge was right and the filler tube is wrong!

Can anyone set me straight? Any help very much appeciated!

Thanks,

Brenna

Sponsored Links
That is what I thought should be the case.

So if the filler tube was cold, presumably it would be OK to connect to the fridge to supply it with cold water and just disconnect it when the boiler needs repressurising.

Would that be correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back