Combi shower temperature variation

Joined
28 Dec 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Location
Worcestershire
Country
United Kingdom
This topic has been discussed previously but not, I don't think, on our particular problem. We have a fairly new Baxi Combi which is regularly serviced which feeds a new Triton Benito thermostatic mixer bar. Whilst showering, it will suddenly go cold and then return to normal within a couple of minutes. At first, I thought it was a tap being turned on elsewhere in the house or the washing machine taking in cold water but this isn't the case ( I assume that is what would happen). The shower is described as Thermostatic but I thought perhaps it only prevents sudden rises in temperature to prevent scalding, not drops in temperature. It is a fairly cheap model so maybe this is what to expect ? It's not a major problem as you can feel it coming on and move away from the spray.
 
Do you notice any temp variation at wash basin hot tap. If not then possibly the thermostic cartridge is faulty. It should maintain the temp at what ever you set it to. How new is new
 
Tried opening a hot tap while showering and it made no discernable difference . Looks like it's the cartridge in the shower bar not working very well. As I said, the Triton shower is only a few months old.
Another clue is that the newly installed H2O Low shower fitted to the bathroom taps (that Denso13 put me on to) doesn't vary in temperature and works well.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top