Thermostatic Mixer Shower Temperature Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a thermostatic mixer bar shower and have been having problems with the temperature of the water as we enter winter. The temperature is fine in summer but it seems that once the incoming cold water temp starts to drop it reduces the potential shower temperature and causes fluctuations in temperature.

From what I have gathered from other threads this problem could be solved by restricting the flow of cold water into the shower mixer. Am I on the right track here and could any of you please advise on any potential solutions?

Thanks,

Monter00
:D

Sponsored Links
The shower has run for over a month now without issue. Previously it had run for a month after fitting with the consistent hot cold fluctuations.
So I would say, if you've already exhausted all the obvious things above - just try gradually moving the Temp control setting on the Boiler back, bit by bit, till you get it right. Be prepared to get wet, and persevere with the trials for an hour of gradual movement till you get it right. You will lose hotter water temp at taps. But I think the temp is sufficiently hot at the taps, it just takes slightly longer to get to temp. The householders believe this is more than an acceptable compromise in order to have a working shower and they are happy with the solution to an exasperating problem that is clearly effecting many people.

So essentially you are saying that you're an idiot that couldn't work out how to fix a shower?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Afraid the fault is still there and its most likely on the boiler and nothing to do with the shower, I used to put temp sensors on the hot and cold pipes but will get rid of these and get some speedos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back