Combi water temp fluctuates but radiators OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has been asked before...
We have an Ocean Alpha240eco Combi boiler. The problem is that we get severe fluctuations in the hot water temperature, however the heating from the radiators is good in all rooms. The water temp (e.g. in the shower) typically will go scalding hot in the first 30 seconds, then drop to lukewarm for a while, only occasionally getting hot again.
This is pretty frustrating. It's not a shower prob - the water temp fluctuates similarly from the other hot water taps too... We are in a bungalow BTW, with the boiler in the loft.

Sponsored Links
we had that, The solution turned out to be a major part in the boiler, it was not a diy job, i would suggest you call in a corgi registered plumber for a second opinion, then ask for a quote, and then ask another plumber for a third opinion. I was not joking its just that one may say its xyz, the other tuv, but any thing to with a boiler i would recomend a professional

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back