Shower temp fluctuating in cold weather

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a combi boiler and our shower runs off it. Last winter I noticed the temp in the shower would fluctuate. I would keep turning it up for hotter water and the temp would rise but then drop again. Once it had dropped, if I turned the temp down it would actually go hotter! When the weather got warmer it stopped doing it, however it’s now started doing it again. No issues with the radiators or hot water taps. Any idea what the problem could be? Cadent changed the gas pipes last year, would that have any effect? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, we have a combi boiler and our shower runs off it. Last winter I noticed the temp in the shower would fluctuate. I would keep turning it up for hotter water and the temp would rise but then drop again. Once it had dropped, if I turned the temp down it would actually go hotter! When the weather got warmer it stopped doing it, however it’s now started doing it again. No issues with the radiators or hot water taps. Any idea what the problem could be? Cadent changed the gas pipes last year, would that have any effect? Many thanks
what make of combi ?

what temp do you have the hot water set to and is it a thermostatic shower

and what model viessmann

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes it’s a thermostatic shower.

Attachments

• IMG_8373.jpeg
    IMG_8373.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8371.jpeg
    IMG_8371.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8372.jpeg
    IMG_8372.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 29
I'd try turning down the temp on the boiler it doesn't need to be that high unless your trying to boil veg in your bath ;) but it sounds like the plate heat exchanger is blocked a bit when was it last properly serviced?

Oh gosh it’s been a while, I’ll get a service booked in and I’ll turn the temp down too thank you!

Often on a service they dont clean it out so mention what's been happening and they likely will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back