Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I basically need a temporary boiler whils we renovate our house. All we need it for is hot water as our new megaflo and boiler will be online by the time we need heating.

I’ve been offered a second hand combo but would just like to check that it can be used for HW only.

Ta

Sponsored Links
TonyCrystal_zpss3ie5ppc.JPG

Nope, not getting anything I'm afraid, you're going to have to give us a few more clues than that. What boiler have you been offered? Also, why can't you fit the Megaflo and just run it off the immersion for now?

Finally, just out of interest, is this the same project you were asking about 7 years ago?

I don’t know what make/model it is; the question is a theoretical one. If the boiler is currently installed to run heating and hot water, can the same boiler be reinstalled elsewhere to run hit water only?

I did consider installing the megaflo early but it’s final location doesn’t exist yet as it will be housed in the new garage. We don’t want to be working round a 250l cylinder for 6 months.

Finally - to satisfy your curiosity- no, it is not the same renovation. We have moved.

Sponsored Links
Then you shall have a theoretical answer... in theory it can, but not all boilers are created equally and some won't work on hot water only.

You could, of course, install a new combi boiler straight off and heat your water with that, then disconnect the mains and just use it as a system boiler once you're ready for it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back