Combimate installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering installing one of these as we live in west berkshire and the water is very hard. I am told that you can connect directly to the rising water main (after the stopcock!) or just on the drinking supply. I have done abit of plumbing before i.e fitted rads etc but can anyone advise me of any considerations with regard to the instalation. BTW is combimate the best one to go for in the price bracket or shoul I considor other vendors?

Sponsored Links
but can anyone advise me of any considerations with regard to the instalation.

don't forget you will need acess to it to top up the siliphos

combi mate works

jury is still out on a lot of the others ;)

Next weekend I am gonna take the plunge and install one of these. Since we have not got a stopcock in the house I will stop the water supply at the water meter next to my property and I will install the Combimate upstream of the CH and general CW. I was also thinking of fitting a stopcock as well and have located the 15mm supply pipe to fit it to. Can anyone tell me if this model would be suitable for mains pressure ( I asume so)

http://www.ukhps.co.uk/comap-brass-stop-cock-3079-0.html

Also can anyone tell me if the combimate comes with Siliphos Balls alreafy installed

Adam

No you have to fill the tray yourself. If you install it where the rising main enters the house the combimate acts as a stoptap (taking the cover off closes the valve) but i would also fit a stoptap as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back