Combination Boiler installed above a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm not sure if this question is in the correct location but I have a bit of an odd one that may have been more appropriate to Building Regulations and Planning Permission.

I'm looking to by a house and the new boiler (Viessmann) is installed above the cistern in a W.C. There isn't any water supply for taps etc. but there is a water supply for the boiler and fused spur for the boiler (obviously). However, the fused spur is located approximately 6 inches off the floor at same level of the soil waste pipe and almost directly below the "closed-coupled) cistern water supply pipe.

Is it okay for a new boiler to be installed in a W.C. / above a toilet and have the fused spur in such close proximity?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes, provided there is enough space for maintenance and you don't bang your head on the boiler when getting up from the loo.

I'd have put the FCU somewhere it wouldn't get peed on though. If it's in serious risk of splashing then it's not suitable for its location and should be moved or changed for a splashproofed one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back