Combination Cylinder too small?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a thermostatic shower and singleended (positive) shower pump installed in my flat. The property has a small combination cylinder - not sure of the capacities -with an immersion heater. The 2.1 bar shower pump will only supply hot water to the shower for about 3 minutes. I believe the problem may be that both tanks within the cylinder are too low capacity. In which case the solution would appear to be replacing the existing cylinder with a bigger one. Either that or possibly removing the pump and going for an unvented tank. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea what a combination cylinder is... So please enlighten me and I might be able to help. :confused:

The one with the built-in cold feed tank on top does not provide head to any outlet above it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back