Community Centre: Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a Worcester 24SiII Combi fitted in our Village Hall for some 3 years. This is now losing all its pressure over a 24 hour period. We have checked all valves and exposed pipework for leaks as well as making sure the relief valve is not blowing off.
The rest of the pipework mild steel and copper is buried in the floor. Before we start replacing it is there anything we have overlooked.
If we do have to replace the pipework it can now be run in the roof space
(flat roofs replaced) Is plastic pipe suitably insulated OK or should we use copper.

Many thanks in anticipation
A4L :cry:

Sponsored Links
I'll be the first awkward sod. IF both thermostats in your boiler failed, plastic pipe could burst. Small chance but it does happen. In view of that I'd stick to copper, or add a third thermostat in your particular installation.

No really big deal, £50 or so including cable, conduit and stat and you just wire it in. I have done that where I've wanted to use plastic.

rather than add a 3rd stat fit a flow switch. #have seen too many plastic pipe burst/leak to recommend . Rats love knawing them esp in lofts

ps youre never more than 6 feet away from a rat in London

i would get some one in, the boiler is in a public hall and you will probably invalidate your insurance should anything go wrong

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your help & advice.
We will start replacing the pipework section by section next week.
Breezer, we will be employing a Corgi approved installer.
Lor, will now be using copper pipe, we are in the country with hungry rats and mice; the thought of the poor devils being scalded if they eat through the pipe is just to horrible to contemplate ;) :eek:

Regards
A4L

Replaced first section of pipework yesterday, 40m. in total. Eureka! it seems we have cut out the leaking bit.

Regards
A4L

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back