compact vented tumble dryers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy a tumble dryer but am restricted by space. I have found the Hotpoint V3D00 compact dryer and size wise it fits perfectly. It is vented from the front, however, which would mean having to have back door open to put vent hose outside. If anyone can help with either of following two questions it would be very much appreciated.

1> Is it possible not to use a vent hose and just keep a window open when using a tumble dryer?

2> Are there any compact dryers on the market with rear ventilation that can be put through an external wall?

Tks in advance,

RJ

Sponsored Links
answer to question one is yes
answer to question two is buy a white knight. it's a good quality british made dryer ans very reasonably priced.
i'm in the trade and that is what i'd buy as a compact

Another option is a condensing box to collect the moisture. Any shop that sells appliance spares and accessories should stock these and they are not expensive.

Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to go for the White Knight 382WV compact dryer as it has a rear vent and is well priced.

One last question, is putting a rear vent through an external wall a job I could undertake myself or is it recommended to get someone in? I don't suppose there is a 6" drill bit suitable for the job? :D

Sponsored Links
luty said:
I don't suppose there is a 6" drill bit suitable for the job? :D

there is, you can hire a core bit and drill from local hire shop

In the end, decided against the core drill as I got my old man up to help and we had plenty of time. Got half way through the job and started wishing we had got the core drill but things soon came right and we now have a white knight 382 with a vent out the back all working very nicely (at the moment touch wood etc etc), one happy missus.

It was a tough job but very satisfying and it was good to spend some time with the old man as well as it took me back to the days when i used to hang around passing him screwdrivers.

Thanks for all the good advice
RJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back