Tumble Dryer Vent Hose Thread Direction Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small utility area with a 4"/100mm vent installed in the wall for a vented tumble dryer.

Previous tumble dryers I have owned include a Servis, a Hotpoint and a Creda. Now I have just purchased an AEG Model T65170AV vented tumble dryer and I have run into a problem with the vent hose.

Up until now, all of my tumble dryer vent hoses and connectors have had a left-hand thread (meaning that the connector is rotated anti-clockwise to screw it onto the 4"/100mm vent hose). The connector for my wall vent is also a left-hand thread, so everything fitted together just fine.

However, it seems there is no consistency of design across manufacturers as my new AEG tumble dryer hose and connector has a right-hand thread (meaning that the connector is rotated clockwise to screw it onto the 4"/100mm vent hose). Now I'm screwed, so to speak, because I cannot make the hose connection onto the wall vent (right-hand threaded hose into left-hand threaded connector).

The AEG hose connector that fits into the AEG tumble dryer outlet is unique and none of my other left-hand threaded connectors (saved from previous tumble dryers) can be persuaded to fit. I also cannot find an alternative connector for my wall vent that has a right-hand thread.

Another annoyance is that virtually everyone selling tumble dryer vent hoses & connectors fails to give any dimensions, or to specify whether the hose thread is left-hand or right-hand. From the online pictures, all of the connectors appear to have a left-hand thread.

Does anyone supply 4"/100mm vent hose connectors with right-hand threads, or have I got to splice a piece of right-hand threaded hose to a piece of left-hand threaded hose to get around the problem?

Surely I'm not the first person to run up against this thread direction problem?
_____
Razoo

Sponsored Links
Hose does not usually thread into anything. They push over the end of fittings and are secured with jubilee clips or cable ties or can be taped.
Post a pic of you problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back