Comparing costs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im after a little advice before i start looking for builders as i will get unbiased opinion from this forum i hope.

1) How much cost difference is there between fitting an RSJ to a external load bearing wall over a 3.5 mtr opening or a 5.75 mtr opening (so thats either knocking through into extension from just the kitchen or taking the whole back wall out)

2) In the new external load bearing wall im thinking of fitting bi folding doors (have a mate who makes them), so i either have to fit a 4.5 mtr RSJ therefore no brickwork required for that section or patio doors with the suitable RSJ above then all the extra brickwork? (i know there is a couple of k difference between the cost of the patio doors v's bi folding doors is more difference is the building cost i need help with)

Ask if you need anymore info to help you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back