Complacency

W

whitenoflight

Inflation used to be termed 'the British disease' by our politicians until it was discovered/exposed, that it was not the cause of our woes. Then we got 'in the world market' as the new cause. The later being the most ridiculous being world leaders for quite a time, once. I have heard tales from those directly involved with our decline in manufacturing . One in new sales of motorcycles, one who worked thru the formation of BL to the end at Rover my Dad. Anyone who asks, Whatever happened to the car and bike industry ? reply. 'Look around today and at all the people around you, there's your answer'. Poor build quality caused by a couldn't care less attitude at ALL levels was to blame. The same thing is again happening with the HS2. Romans and Victorians saw and capitalised on good links later the Nazi's. Are fossil fuels going to last forever ? Want to get about a bit ? Fancy a trip to the French Riviera but can't fly coz their ain't no planes ? The only people moaning against the building are the well healed country dweller. I haven't seen or heard any noise from urban area's residents. Minorities must not resist benefits for the masses. However, I do believe that the route it takes from London to B'ham is a mystery. Surely following the M1/6 or M40 being better. Sorry, forgot those types who live in the Chilterns . Idiots don't learn by their mistakes, This island is a 'ship of fools' climb on board ho, ho ,ho

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The only opposition to the Victorian railways was the same as they are know. Nobody says Victorians weren't vissionaries

How big does an Island have to be before it's not an Island :?:

The only opposition to the Victorian railways was the same as they are know. Nobody says Victorians weren't vissionaries
Not exactly sure what that means but ...

the only opposition the Victorians took notice of was from the aristocracy who wouldn't let the railway across 'their' land.

The people had no say and were told to get out of the way.

That the railways are now considered 'environmentally friendly' does not include the building of them as can now be seen by HS2

Spot on, money of the time. However, as now progress must be made and what must be done is done for the benefit of all including the future generations.

Sponsored Links
Back