Complicated Light Wiring

I was assuming that they would be on the same circuit..

I assume one will be on the garage CU, and other will be on house CU.

Use a relay connecting the coil across the lamp in the garage luminaire and the contact across the PIR sensor in the house luminaire.

Or even simpler connect both luminaires in parallel including the 'switched live' and both PIR's will operate both lamps. This method assumes the PIR is capable of switching the additional load, the instructions will give this info.

My sloppy sketch is using typical (eg B&Q/Wickes etc) low cost flood lampswhich have a 4way choccy in them.

The enclosure for the relay will need a warning label regarding more than one supply.

Sponsored Links
Ok now been looking at relays what i think i need is a 6 AMP + (lighting circuit capable of switching at least a 500w light.

now Im going to show my ignorance and some one is bound to say if you don't know you can't do or part P but understanding the limitation is worth more to me rather than doing it.

Would a Contactor in the garage consumer unit http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK6220.html mounted upon the DIN rail be ideal for this or do Contactor take power of the consumer unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back