PIR Light only comes on when other outside light is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try and explain this as best as I can.

I have two lights out the front of my house. One non-pir operated by a switch in the hallway, and another a PIR light, which will only come on if the other light is switched on inside.

The wiring for both are located in the garage. I have a feed coming from the switch in to a junction box, then a wire going out to the non-pir light. Then I have another wire which goes to another switch which operates the PIR light.

I want the PIR to come on regardless of the other light being on or off, so I'm guessing I need a permanent live to it. However I don't believe I have one coming from the supply. And I'm guessing I won't have one in the switch in the hallway the operates the outside light?

So, how do I get a permanent live out to the garage? Or should I just swap the non-pir light to a pir light?

Attachments

• IMG_6630.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6631.JPG
    IMG_6631.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 162
Sponsored Links
You need to run a new wire, from the first switch incoming live to the second switch. At the moment you have the switches in series.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back