Slave light to PIR light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am fitting a PIR security light and I want to fit a NON PIR slave light into it to come on at the same time as the PIR light, the PIR light has a 4 connection block in it Live in - Neg in - and Earth in plus, a red and a white in the 4th part of the block coming from the PIR with nothing coming out. Would I be right to wire the non PIR light to Neg in - Earth in - and the Live to the 4th part of the block in the PIR light, Thanks Reg7 :confused:

Sponsored Links
And don't forget, you'll need a cable with three cores.
You must run the earth to the new light, even if the light itself does not need an earth to be connected to it (don't ask).

and.. make certain the PIR light can't see the slave

Sponsored Links
Hi EFLImpudence, thanks for that, nice to know some of my memory still works, Reg7

Hi Taylortwocities, thanks for that, I have had this earth to a fitting that has no earth connection before, drives you mad. Reg7

Hi viewer, yep that makes sense, I will have to be careful there, thanks for that, Reg7

Hi Taylortwocities, thanks for that, I have had this earth to a fitting that has no earth connection before, drives you mad. Reg7

Well, not really because the earth in the CABLE is there to provide protection for the cable.
Google "circuit protective conductor" to learn more.

Also, you'll need an earth at the destination, otherwise you could never measure the EFLI. And you always do that, don't you?

nodding.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back