Composite Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are going to be replacing our back and front doors shortly.

We would like to go for composite doors for both back and front for the thermal property advantage over standard uPVC doors - as well as the security benefits.

There seems to be two different skin types - GRP and uPVC. From looking around, I see the GRP does look far better than uPVC, but it also seems to come with a hefty price tag.

Apart from the visual differences, is there any reason not to have a uPVC skin, rather than GRP?

Thanks

Adam.

Sponsored Links
We've just has a Rock door fitted and are very pleased with the composite door, good product. I can recommend them, a tad expensive mind.

yeah - the reason why I am asking is due to the cost of them. It seems that the uPVC composite doors are much cheaper than the GRP type.

We had a local company quote about £1600 for a GRP white front door with a style glass in it and a standard uPVC backdoor (not composite) on the back.

tbh, we were thinking about total £1000 for both plus fitting (which I have been told 'should' be quite easy as we already have uPVC doors on the front and back at the moment).

We wanted to amuse ourselves on Sunday, so popped into Apple Door/Windows and Cons. They wanted, just for the back door, about £1000. All I can say is that there must be some very stupid or very rich (or both) people out there!

Looking around on the Interwebs there seems to be a few companies selling custom made doors - but I don't really want to go with them in the event of any issues.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back