Conceala 2 cistern with Gerberit push button dual flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've purchased a conceala 2 dual flush cistern as it was recommended as a good concealed cistern. Unfortunately I don't like the selection of flush plates available from Ideal Standard for the cistern. They are all too big and will be very prominent in what is a very small bathroom.

I've googled and decided I like the look of the Geberit Hytouch Pneumatic Finger Push Button Dual Flush.

Here's the spec drawing pulled from their site.

The cistern comes with the pneumatic tubing, I measured as accurately as possible and it would appear to have an internal diameter of 2.5mm and an outside diameter of 4.0mm.

Surely it's just a case of connecting the supplied tubing to the Gerberit button?

Anyone able to advise? Anyone done similar?

Cheers for your help.

Sponsored Links
Differences might be in the volume and pressure of air that you squash. You could probably tell by inspecting the one you have?

Differences might be in the volume and pressure of air that you squash. You could probably tell by inspecting the one you have?

Load of Boll*ox, flush plates are normally decorative, if it will fit ,use it.

Sponsored Links

Load of Boll*ox, flush plates are normally decorative, if it will fit ,use it.
ChrisR was right. The Gerberit button did work but the pressure required to activate the flush was so much that my girlfriend couldn't use it so I've had to order the Ideal Standard flush plate.

I think the issue is caused by the larger bellows in the Gerberit button and longer travel whereas the Ideal Standard button has a much shorter action.

Thought i'd feedback so that others are aware of the issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back