Concealed Geberit Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a very small trickle running into pan, I have replaced the inlet washer and checked water level, no difference.
I have then replaced the valve washer as mention by lots on different forums but no difference.

The only bit left is the large black basket washer, however I have just noticed that after turning off water, emptying cistern, removed valve and basket there is still a small trickle of water running into the pan.
Even when I push the basket back in, the trickle doesn't stop or change whatsoever??

When trying to fit basket back in I noticed there are a couple of notches in bottom of the basket and am wondering if it only fits in one way, I can't quite reach down far enough to feel or see if any corresponding notches in outlet pipe, have tried twisting basking hoping it would find notches, if there are any but can't quite reach.
Would be nice to know for sure if it only fits one way.....

Sponsored Links
Hi Richchad,
Sorry to hear about your issues. It may help to fill standard vinegar into the cistern to clean up any limescale. You may also figure out if something is blocking the seal like plastic parts or whatever may have fallen into the cistern.

Perhaps this video helps:
If not, please contact your local plumber or Geberit. Please figure out which cistern you are using. If it's a concealed cistern, you should find a sticker with these information. If not, you may go the the Google Play or iTunes, download the Geberit ProApp and use the product identifier. It will also provide you with information which spare parts are needed.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Olaf (Social Media Team)

Sponsored Links
Hi Richchad,
Sorry to hear about your issues. It may help to fill standard vinegar into the cistern to clean up any limescale. You may also figure out if something is blocking the seal like plastic parts or whatever may have fallen into the cistern.

Perhaps this video helps:
If not, please contact your local plumber or Geberit. Please figure out which cistern you are using. If it's a concealed cistern, you should find a sticker with these information. If not, you may go the the Google Play or iTunes, download the Geberit ProApp and use the product identifier. It will also provide you with information which spare parts are needed.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Olaf (Social Media Team)

Thanks for the reply Olaf, I have spoken to Geberit technical support and the notches at bottom of basket do nothing, I have done all that you mention, leak seems to be coming from below black doughnut seal somehow, have sent photos to Geberit tech dept, hoping to get help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back