Geberit concealed passing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Geberit concealed has been passing water into the pan for several months.
Cleaned valve and basket - no change
Replaced valve and basket - no change
Cleaned every spot of scale from inside cistern, rinsed and flushed many times.
No sign of damage on valve, cistern or basket -
no change.
Thoughts welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check when full. If water running over and into internal overflow and thence to pan, replace inlet valve.

No, it's not overflowing.
Inlet valve is fine.
Starts passing as soon as it starts to fill.
Thanks

sounds like the flush pipe is inserted too far into the bottom of the flush valve.
most only allow 35mm insertion.

Sponsored Links
Thanks
I don't think that is the problem, when I had the basket out, I did check carefully for damage / issues with things like protrusion of the flush pipe.
Its a real head scratcher...

Starts passing as soon as it starts to fill.
if its leaking into the bowl as soon as it starts to fill , then it can only be the flash valve
been passing water into the pan for several months.
has it ever worked OK since new ?

I had 2 toilets that had been installed recently and within about a year, although it was so small a leak, it may have been since installation, dirt in the cistern , We had not noticed any noise filling up continuously.
i happened to have to take one toilet out to replace a waste pipe and thats when I noticed the cistern pipe had a very very low drip - not coming from any overflow - took the flush valve out and replaced the washer - also cleaned the area with limescale remover everything
replaced and made a good seal. Checked the other toilet with a bit of toilet tissue on the back of bowl, and that also got wet, so did the same with that toilet.

still seem ok, but i do check now regularly,

"if its leaking into the bowl as soon as it starts to fill , then it can only be the flash valve"
- or the basket or some sort of fault on the cistern. Basket and valve both replaced
"has it ever worked OK since new ?"
Yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back