Geberit or Grohe concealed cisterns for our new build?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just discovered yet another leaking bottom flush pipe seal on a concealed Geberit cistern, which is especially annoying as we are about to market this house and I think I may have to break through the plasterboard behind the pan to replace it. Luckily I bought spares last time it happened in the downstairs WC.

Google says this and the blistered silicon flush piston seal is common and it also says Grohe pans suffer the blistered flush seal problem (easily replaced) but it doesn't mention the leaky flush pipe seal with Grohe cisterns. Is the Grohe flush pipe seal better designed than the Geberit seal? Which is the better cistern?

Sponsored Links
For some reason, geberit grey seals blister, but the newer clear ones dont. Go for the fluidmaster one as previous post.

Sponsored Links
Bad news.... the new clear ones do blister. I've just changed one.

That is disappointing! First I heard that the new Geberit silicone rubber seals blister. At least they are easy to replace.
The older type rubber seals blister because they are a sponge type rubber and absorb water.
If you simply use a pin to burst all the wee blisters, the washer will seal again fully and do as a temporary fix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back