1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Geberit or Grohe concealed cisterns for our new build?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by RigidRaider, 5 Apr 2020.

1. RigidRaider

RigidRaider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've just discovered yet another leaking bottom flush pipe seal on a concealed Geberit cistern, which is especially annoying as we are about to market this house and I think I may have to break through the plasterboard behind the pan to replace it. Luckily I bought spares last time it happened in the downstairs WC.

Google says this and the blistered silicon flush piston seal is common and it also says Grohe pans suffer the blistered flush seal problem (easily replaced) but it doesn't mention the leaky flush pipe seal with Grohe cisterns. Is the Grohe flush pipe seal better designed than the Geberit seal? Which is the better cistern?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Elkato531

Elkato531

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. duffin

duffin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For some reason, geberit grey seals blister, but the newer clear ones dont. Go for the fluidmaster one as previous post.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. RigidRaider

RigidRaider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bad news.... the new clear ones do blister. I've just changed one.

6. ReJect

ReJect

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That is disappointing! First I heard that the new Geberit silicone rubber seals blister. At least they are easy to replace.
    The older type rubber seals blister because they are a sponge type rubber and absorb water.
    If you simply use a pin to burst all the wee blisters, the washer will seal again fully and do as a temporary fix.

7. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    boxed-in plumbing apparatus is a source of much unhappiness.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links