concealed pipework under kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was thinking of hiding all my pipework under the kitchen sink by putting it in the service void at the back of the base unit and then re-fitting the back panel so that it could be removed for maintenance (hopefully never !). Reason being that we cannot seem to avoid the occasional flood which ruins the floor of the base unit. (e.g. daughter returns from pub and helpfully switches the dishwasher on - something she would never do when sober - when I have the waste disconnected). I know, I should have put a sign there!! Anyway, is this generally a good idea or is there some horrible pitfall thet I have not thought of. I think I can just about stuff everything in the void except the sink waste AND I would have to have a few small holes in the back panel for the various stopcocks and valves to poke through to the front space AND I would have to remove the sink waste to get at the back panel if I ever do need to remove it - but apart from that .........

Sponsored Links
kate
ideally you could have all supplies & valves behind a back panel which is easily removable
if you put them under the base acess is not that easy to rectify any future problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back