Concealed Toilet Cistern Query - Viega

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I've just moved in to a house that has a concealed toilet Cistern. Not something I've ever had or worked on before so it's all a bit unknown. The make of the cistern is by Viega. The toilet flushes and cistern fills perfectly, no strange noises, no leaks from split washers etc. I noticed yesterday that there is continuous flow of water going in to the bowl. It is so little you can't here it but can only see it by the water movement. It comes from the centre of the bowl at the top. Has anyone got any ideas on how best to remedy this/ what may be the cause? I've attached some pics, have a video but unable to post

Many Thanks in advance

IMG_6002.jpg IMG_5995.jpg IMG_6041.jpg

Sponsored Links
Lets start with the easy stuff. I`m thinking the water level looks a little high, so if correct then it could leaking via the inbuilt overflow. The level adjusters can/do move over time and the adjuster screw is the Yellow rod in picture 2.

Thanks very much for the response, I'm away from home with work for a couple of days but will try that adjustment as soon as I get home to see if it resolves it

Sponsored Links
The Viega has a silicon disk that stops the water flushing as it fills.
upload_2021-1-24_10-57-26.png
This disk bubbles and let's water trickle between the bubbles. The disk comes as part of the Viega service kit (Viega Flush Valve and Filler Valve Seal Set 405557)and is about GBP7 from https://shop.kingswayplumbing.co.uk/
Check the Viega system type and if any problems call Kingsway - they are very helpful.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-24_10-56-23.png
    upload_2021-1-24_10-56-23.png
    13 KB · Views: 230

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back