Concrete base DIY stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have dug and levelled MOT type 1 ready for concrete.

1.2 cubic metres are needed. I stupidly assumed I could get a concrete lorry to turn up, run a hose approx 25m away into the shuttering and pour.

My now deceased father did this 15 years ago, quite easily - yellow pages, they turned up a week later.

Barrowing it myself would be pretty gruelling as is over unlevel ground.

Are there any other options excluding mixing it myself? The sheer amount of aggregate and bags would be a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
What is the issue? That you can't get a delivery? Or that a pump is too expensive?

Can you make a temporary path with hardcore to make the narrowing easier?

The only option to pump is they have a second lorry (to pump) at £400-600. We’d also struggle to accommodate 2 lorrys.

There ‘used’ to be all in one lorrys, which I was hoping to find.

There still are google concrete pump machines. There are separate machines but there are also all in one trucks listed. no prices and I have no idea whether they are in your area.

Sponsored Links
Mixamate are all in one concrete and pumping trucks.... Expensive though... I would do 1.2 cube in a mixer. Get the cement and ballast close to where its being mixed first...

Have a look for the volumetric? concrete trucks (can't remember the name for them) rather than the trad big drum type trucks.
Both companies up here who run them also offer a barrowing service.
Is your ground uneven (easily solved) or hilly (more of a problem)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back