concrete base / DPM sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
What has anyone used to seal the top of their DPM to their concrete slab on a garage / shed / drivrbase. I've cut the dpm level with the concrete and shuttering which I've left in. Beyond the shuttering is soil but ill be turfing that soon.

It needs sealing because when it rains the water runs between the slab & the dpm which defeats the point in the dpm!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Normally the DPM is turned up the side & over the base off the wall. The wall acting as a shutter for the concrete.
Just cut the DPM off or fold it out & bury it.

I've only just cut the dpm level with the garage base so until then the rain was being caught by the dpm which was directing it into the join between the dpm & concrete. I've cut it off level now and need to seal the edge of the concrete to the dpm. Looking in screwfix I think I might use Dow corning 791. I haven't got a gutter up Yey on the roof so the rain runs off directly onto this area. Obviously once the gutter is in place the problem will mainly be solved. Will the 791 be suitable? Or should I use something else?

Thanks for the link but its a usa website no prices & commercial & industrial only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back