leave DPM in or use waterproofer in mix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have install a new water mains that comes up through the garage floor in ducting.

I had to remove a section of the floor .5m2 which was laid on DPM, have tried not to rip this but it's got a few holes in it.

I've backfilled the duct with concrete to the DPM level but do I reuse the section of DPM that's a bit ragged or cut it away.

The concrete round the duct is fresh so will stick pretty well to the next layer, I'm planning on putting waterproofer in anyway but wanted some advice.

Shall I lay the new concrete on the old DPM or remove and go straight to the layer below?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bit pointless ducting it then filling the ducting with concrete...
As for the rest, either reuse the raggy bit or drop a new bit in neatly formed round the duct. Long as you're doing 100mm thickness it'll be fine.

Bit pointless ducting it then filling the ducting with concrete...
As for the rest, either reuse the raggy bit or drop a new bit in neatly formed round the duct. Long as you're doing 100mm thickness it'll be fine.
Haha, I've just re read what I typed. Does seem a little daft

It's a good 8" slab I'll be putting back in. Do you think a splash of waterproofer will make much difference?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back