Concrete Base for Metal Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have purchased a yardmaster metal garage as seen here: http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co.uk/store/customer/product.php?productid=16187

I am currently trying to sort out a concrete base for it to sit on. I will be building the concrete base with a dpm under it and wrapped up the sides. The metal garage has thin walls, so I am trying to work out how to build the base and keep it all damp proofed. If i over size the base then some of base will be exposed to the rain where it extends past the garage wall. if I make the base the exact same size as the garage then the damp proof course will be in view at the sides and look pants.

Is it best to have the garage sit on a row of bricks with the base and dpm inside. Surely this would have the dpm on show inside the garage?

Thanks

Pippo

Sponsored Links
Is it the norm to have a DPM with a garage pad?

Make the top of the pad above ground level (also handy for flash flood situations), use 4:1 mix and consider adding a waterproofer to the mix.

But if you really want a DPM between the sand blinding and concrete to ensure it s complately dry in 99% of the floor, do it, but forget wrapping it up the walls since there won't be any walls and have the pad as per the picture and cut the DPM it a little less than the pad size so it won't show at edges and have pad slope slighty outside to drain rain away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back