Concrete base for Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

First time I have done anything like this. Over the weekend I laid a 8 x 6 concrete pad for a shed I ordered. Had a complete nightmare. Ordered all the stuff using online calculator. Saturday I started the dig and filled with hardcore (75mm) whackered it down with whacker plate. I then made the shuttering for the concrete with some 6x2 tanilised wood. All was going well until I come to the end and on Sunday at about 6pm I ran out of ballast. Then Monday morning I had to scoot upto the builders yard to get 7 bags of ballast to finish it off.

I've since read you cant add concrete ontop of set concrete if its more than 2-4 hours before first batch was laid. Please help do i need to rip the hole thing up and start again. It's dried different colour too. It will be all hidden by the shed so colour difference is not a problem, just concerned about how structually sound it will be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back