Concrete base / post / fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 38 panels in a concrete base & posts which need painting or staining the panels are 5f x 6f , i will be doing it on my own so i do not think i would be able to remove the panels , if i used a spray would it ruin the concrete base & posts or could i paint them too ? I'm i better with a brush ?
Any recommendations for paint / stain / sprayer or tips in doing the job.

Sponsored Links
i painted my posts red. some one on here painted theirs brown

IMO sprayer waste of money and "paint" you have to buy one £££££ then "special paint" £££££

slight breeze, you spray everything else.........neighbour, his car, his washing etc. Never had that happen with a 6 inch wide brush. But i got splattered though. :LOL:

Cheers for that , i have gone for the brush method today i have purchased the Cuprinol 5 year ducksback in harvest gold , any tips on keeping it off the posts & gravel boards without lifting the panels out ?

General_Purpose_Masking_Tape.jpg

or just dont rush it

Sponsored Links
I used a roller on mine then a paintbrush just on the edges near the posts. Also flattened a cardboard box & used it under the fence to stop it dripping onto path.

Cheers for all your help 38 panels - 4 days - 40 litres of Cuprinol 5 year ducksback in harvest gold just lifted the panels slightly & slid a length of cardboard under painted using a 4 inch brush .
No splashes.

17-04-09031.jpg

Looks lovely - well done! We did ours green, just one side at the moment but your photo has spurred me on to get the other two sides done this year. Enjoy. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back