Painting concrete posts with fence preserver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
We had a new garden fence installed last year with concrete posts and gravel boards.
In the spring I'd like to paint the fence with preservative and in the past have used Cuprinol Ducks Back.
Can I paint the concrete posts and gravel boards as well using Ducks Back? Will it stain the concrete just like the wood and look good?
Thanks for your advice
Robin

Sponsored Links
I used Ducks Back on some concrete posts/gravel boards last year, still looks good. No sign of flaking so whilst I doubt it soaks in like wood, it's certainly adhered to it.

you'll get better results on concrete fence posts with masonry paint (thin the first coat so it soaks in and seals the surface)

IIRC the manufacturers claim a 15-year life.

this is "bitter chocolate" colour from Dulux, to blend in with the dark fence stain.

View media item 975

Sponsored Links
They don't do a good match in masonry paint for the colour we did our fences, I didn't expect it to last a great deal of time but it's still exactly the same as when I applied it. The wax content seems to make a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back