Best paint / preservative for concrete gravel board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Hope someone can answer this simple question please? (Sorry for such a noob enquiry! :oops:)

I have a new fence with concrete posts and sections made up of 3' of concrete gravel boards (retaining soil behind in neighbours garden) and 4' wooden panels. Though I'm happy with the end result, it does look a little like a motorway fence!

So I'm toying with painting the gravel boards dark green to tone them down a bit, but am not sure what to paint them with......... Should I use cuprinol or a similar stain (in case I want to paint the wood panels too later) - will that work on concrete? Or would something like weathershield exterior paint work better?

Basically I don't want to have to repaint it everyyear (i.e. avoid flaking etc) but am conscious that moisture might come through from the back.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Psyman72 :)

Sponsored Links
You can paint with masonry paint, but my advice is DONT!!

It will look terrible, leave it a few weeks so that you get used to it.

You can plant infront of the gravel board (if you have a border) this will hide most of it anyway.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back