Fence treatment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a major re-staining project.

I know that 'spray-able' treatments have become popular ........ be interested in the views of those that have used them.

Fence is a 4x1 sawn treated - staggered panel design ... i.e. 4x1 on neighbours side offset over the gap on my side. So roller application not practical.

All wood was pressure treated and Frame is 4x2, bolted into concrete H posts .......... solid, no rot, but in need of a re-stain.

Previous I painted with solvent based treatment by brush as panels were constructed.... takes an awful long time about 300 linear feet ... that makes around 6000 sq ft to paint.

Are the spray coatings any good ?

Many of the reviews complain about clogging & expensive specific (& limited choice) stains

Last piece of fence that went up I used Wickes waterbased 'wax-enriched' stain .... and certainly not fared as well as the fence done with solvent based.

Welcome advice on product ..

Wickes Wax Enriched timber care
Cuprinol Ducks back
Ronseal one coat fence life

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back