Concrete buildings over timber for an office pros & cons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I'm in a quandary about what to get for my home office/storage. I have been looking at nucrete/lidget concrete garages but I can only afford the pent and are not the best looking things. Part of this will be storage part my workshop and office. The problem I am finding that getting utilities n electrics in as can screw thru the panels. It would need to be plasterboarded insulated out. It's good as they are more secure. As they look better and are slightly cheaper also looked at timber treated/lined sheds/workshops. Again would have to be insulated and plasterboarded. Due to my business I need a shower and dryer in there so the air will be a mix. The timber buildings look nicer but not sure which is going to be my best option. Plus there us the security of the 'shed'

Anyone have experiences of damp problems with either thanks

Sponsored Links
You would bring utilities up through the floor as the cable and pipes would need to be buried.So building construction should not be and issue.Concrete building will need more insulation so I would prefer timber. Damp should not be problem if designed with adequate ventilation . Shower will require an extracter fan and a good power source so you will need to check with electrician before you start to ensure you have adequate power available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back