Concrete driveway near small stream

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm extending an existing driveway and plan to lay concrete near a small urban stream (which is about 5 feet wide and a few inches deep).

I've dug down 60cm, and I've got some old metal piling to hammer in between the concrete and the stream. I plan to put down dpm, then a couple of inches of Type 1 roadstone and then about 10 inches of concrete, I've also ordered some A142 mesh.

My question is.... as I have a few old lengths of scaffolding kicking about, would it be useful (or at least not detrimental) to cut them into say 3 foot lengths hammer these in vertically at intervals around the new concrete base, so that they 'anchor' the concrete in place, preventing any movement towards the stream in the future...

Or is this just a daft idea?

Many Thanks,

Simon

Sponsored Links
If it gives you peace of mind then do it. It certainly won't hurt but I would say with a 10" slab with mesh inside it won't be moving very far once it's set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back