Concrete floor slab / dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i'm replacing a concrete path that ran round the front and side of my property and concrete floor slab in an open external porch. The concrete path that butted up to the porch was approx 1in lower. The porch is 4.7m long x 1m wide and I've removed the concrete floor slab in this area to leave a fillet of approx 1inch floor slab protroduing on the inside external wall of the porch. The two side walls of the porch are sitting on the foundations.

So the area is now clear ready to proceed. I plan to replace the porch area and path area with brick weave to tie into an existing brick weave drive. Because of the levels the porch will be same level as the floor slab/dpc sloping away from the house and merge into the new path merging into the brickweave drive taking any water away from the house. My concerns are:

The inside external wall of the porch is just sitting on the edge of the floor slab. Should I be adding some support under the edge of the floor slab before I brick weave?

Should I be adding some sort of water barrier between the edge of the floor slab and the brick weave (which will be level with the top of the floor slab) ?

The concrete path that ran round the edge of the property was level with the dpc. Because of the levels I can only lower this by an inch or so. I plan to lower the path as much as I can and leave a six inch gap between the external wall and brickweave and replace with pea shingle. Is the right thing to do?

Hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back