concrete gravel boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do concrete gravel boards need cement underneath or will a brick with soil underneath be ok? They are being used in conjunction with concrete posts. Im lowering them slightly and will have to cut top of posts off!

As my house backs onto park is it worth considering a 5ft panel with 2ft trellis or would this look a bit pants? As opposed to 6ft panels and 1ft trellis.

Sponsored Links
Im no expert on fitting them but I just normaly slot them without anything. they just rest on the soil. How high is the fence you are constructing?

Hi Mate,
1ft gravel board, 6ft panel and 1ft trellis, so 8ft in total.

ind_post_l.jpg

Normally I rest my gravel board on the bottom slot of the post, if its need to go higher then I pack it up from the slot with 40mm or 50mm plastic waste pipe with cable tie! I used to add a couple of spots of 3/4 ballast/cement under the gravel board if there's no bottom slot on the post

Sponsored Links
backs onto a park? many kids play there?
might want to go with all gravel boards of you'll have the little gits breaking the fences with balls etc..
make sure they're loose though so that any idiot kicking one through gets his leg broken... :)

( how silly, the spell checker doesn't like the youtube tags :) )

Theres a concrete slat fence behind, this is going in for security and privacy. The slots go all the way, so Im guessin I need to put ballast/concrete underneath?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back