concrete kitchen floor containing 4 copper central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a very neat hole cut into my concrete kitchen floor containing 4 copper central heating pipes.

I was going to cover them using foam pipe insulation, a few inches sand and then pour concrete over the top but am unsure if thats the way to go.

It would be preferable if i could avoid pouring concrete directly on the pipes so the concrete could be cut through and removed if need be in the future to expose the pipes if a leak were to appear.

Cant now put plastic pipe around them due to arrangment and joins.

Whats the best thing to appease the wife

Help appriciated

Sponsored Links
They won't leak unless you have any joints, (which you shouldn't have in a location such as this)

The fussy way. Cover them with ply, tile backer board or thin sheet metal, preferably screwed down. Would be useful if you could 'rebate' the surrounding concrete to accomodate the thickness of the cover so it sits flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back