Concrete lintel soaking wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a lengths of concrete linels spanning a window and doorway of a single block shed on top of the lintel sits the roof which is felt and has been fitted by a good roofer the lintel is soaking in so much water that it drips into the shed the building has been rendered the roof is fine i have checked it all there are plastic fascia boards covering the lintels as well would vents in the walls help with this problem by allowing air to circulate or is there any thing else i can do to prevent this problem the felt has the drip rail (i think thats what its called) which is away from the fascia the lintels are at the higher side of the shed as well so there isnt the problem of water running back up,any help please.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you saying there is a leak or not? Have you looked if the lintels are wet after heavy rain or are they wet all the time.

As a guess this sounds like a typical condensation issue on a single skin wall, and I doubt air vents are going to help much in this type of outbuilding

there is no apparent leak been having condensation probs all the time but not noticed the water dripping off lintel until a few months ago i`ve got a dehumidifier in there but it was turned off i`ve since started it again so i will see if that keeps the moisture at bay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back