Concrete over drainage! No inspection chamber...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Buying a house, which has a lean to conservatory. In the lean-to, where the water drains into the gully from the kitchen, there is no access, it has been concreted over and the pipes just appear to go into the ground. Obviously, if there was a blockage, this would be a problem. Any ideas on how to get around the issue and how much it would cost roughly? There is no man hole chamber in the garden that we could see either.

Sponsored Links
A pic would help. However, go and view your neighbours on either side drainage arrangements, look for their inspection chamber or a man hole.
Your M/H would be in the same position, often they are buried under a light cover of soil/grass.

A pic would help. However, go and view your neighbours on either side drainage arrangements, look for their inspection chamber or a man hole.
Your M/H would be in the same position, often they are buried under a light cover of soil/grass.
Firstly, in my (admittedly very limited) experience, the position of the neighbours M/H isn't necessarily any indication of the position of yours.

But I've been assisting a colleague at work with some DIY on his first property. So far he's not followed my suggestion that grassing over the manhole in the back garden isn't the best move :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back