Sealing disused/ redundant inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, not sure if this is in the right forum but hope you can help.

We have an inspection chamber just outside the back door that inspects the join where an old down stairs toilet once drained. The toilet has gone and so there is no risk of a blockage.

We are wanting to seal the chamber as we would like to put a conservatory over it and insulate the floor.

Does anyone know if this is allowed?

Sponsored Links
Shouldnt be a problem, fit the correct, air tight, internal cover and chambers can be sited internally. I wouldnt recommend you 'lose' it, should it be needed for future works or maintenance downstream.

Thanks Hugh

Was thinking of putting insulation down such as polystyrene and then tiling over. This would effectively prevent any future access. Not sure if I could cut a trap in the polly as it would be unstable to walk over. A suspended wooden floor with a trap in that might work.

Think my best bet would be to check with Building control before i do anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back