Concrete Planers & Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have stripped the many layers of paint from the outside of the house intending to cut back the render and re- apply - filling in cracks etc .

It's obvious that at some stage the render was roughcast and someone has used a thick layer of hi-build paint to smooth it out - the render is so tough and in good condition (except for cracks) that I have changed the plan to fill in cracks and repaint. I have used a blow torch to strip the paint away and most is now off the walls

To get the surface as smooth as possible I thought about using a concrete planer to cut back, level out and apply a skim of render - has anyone used one of these before? I did think about using a concrete scaler but having tried a small grinderette I didn't think the finish would be what I wanted.

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back