Concrete Posts for 6ft Palisade fence

S

snadge

Is there such a thing as 6ft concrete posts that one can use to put a 6ft wooden palisade fence on?

my GF says she done lots of looking but can only find ones for panels... also theres the problem of rebar inside the concrete when drilling holes to fix wooden cross members too...

we are thinking of possibly fixing the cross members in-between those concrete posts where the panels would normally go but the the posts would be in the way of the actual fencing - suppose one could put them in-between

any help or advice would be great

cheers

Sponsored Links
By palisade do you mean vertical featheredge? If so you can buy ready made featheredge panels to slot in.
If you mean proper timber palisade, (which I take to be hit and miss 4x1 boards with pointy tops) then your plan would work, but best to make up frames using 2x1 at the ends, fixed to your horizontals. These then slide in like panels and you fix the verticals afterwards.

Yes they exist. I have a few 3m beasts in my garage as we speak. They simply have holes drilled in 4 places and you attach a splayed rail/ cant rail with bolts.

They are obviously relatively brittle as they get that big so they are beefed up a bit and 8ft or bigger are definetly a 2 man lift.

The 8ft slotted type are more manageable but very prone to cracking if you bump or drop them even from a small height.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back